Off Topic Question/Spam rant

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 18 05:29:05 AKST 2003

I use Kazaa as well and used to love it until I downloaded the new version. They have gone comercial BIG TIME. The original version was clean and efficient, I could search the way I wanted and it had very limited advertisements. Now It is hard to even locate a file as I am swamped with pop ups and advertisements. I swear there are people whose full time job is to make sure that I am constantly bombarded with ads for junk I would never buy, or services I don't need. They are like digital terminators, they just keep coming one after another. They have no conscience, they never get tired, and they never sleep. They can't be reasoned with or bargained with, they just want me to refinance my home or buy male enhancement tonic, and they ain't takin no for an answer. Does anyone out there know if I can delete the new version v2.5 I think, and go back to the old version.

I had a great spybot program that eliminated 90% of all pop ups and unwanted advertisement. When I downloaded v2.5 it wouldn't work with my spybot program enabled so I had to delete it. Now it is open season on my computer, and with my DSL I just get the pop ups faster. If it wasn't for this list, map quest, and Ebay I would unplug my modem shut down my computer and walk away from the internet forever. I recently saw a graphic on how much email traffic was Spam and unsolicited garbage and it was on the magnitude of around 85%. The ironic thing is I saw that graphic in an unsolicited email for pop up blocker software that would prevent my Kazaa from working. I had to laugh to keep from crying.

Anthony

David Harmon <K6XYZ at comcast.net> wrote:
I use Kazaa

Regards