Why quit pattern.

cnjnorris cnjnorris at netzero.net
Sat Dec 13 06:08:21 AKST 2003

Even a golfer may stop golfing for a while.  He may golf again, he may not.
He'll probably always have a warm spot in his heart for the sport.

Everything in this world goes in cycles.  Right down to the individual.
It's not rational to expect everyone to enter an activity of any kind and do
it for the rest of his/her life.  There's just too many other factors in our
day to day experiences.

As great as R/C Precision Aerobatics is, it's not for everyone.  It's truly
for an elite(meaning select)  group.  Golf, skydiving, boating, wine
tasting, quilting, woodworking, full scale aviation, archery, tennis,
biking, hiking, camping, fishing, dancing, (you see where I'm going with
this), isn't for everyone either.

Pattern flying/competition is what it is.  All the changes in the world
arent' going to bring in the masses and if it did, it probably won't keep
them there forever.  It only serves to keep those who wish to remain in the
sport interested.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

I'll cut this short.  People who fly R/C Precision Aerobatics are special
people.  I flew with you for eight years.  I've been out for a several years
myself.  I still have a love for the activity.  One day I may try it again,
who knows?  I've monitored the discussion group since I stopped competing
and from what I see, the sport still attracts "Top Shelf" people.

Keep doing what you're doing.