Public Fields

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 10:20:53 AKST 2003

Our club has a no cost lease for a county field.
The lease agreement provides for the club to provide
insurance, management and supervision of flying related
activities, to include layout of parking, pit, fly, no
fly areas, frequency control, flight line
procedures, etc.  In short- the normally desired stuff.

To have authority comensurate, we asked that the agreement
specify that all flyers be memebers of AMA, and our local club.
We wanted that to help avoid the sort of problems Gray Fowler
noted.

The county provides a rough cut of the entire field a few
times a year, sprays for mosquitos, and helps (but not enough)
to maintain a dirt/gravel/wood chiip road.  The club does
everything else, including runway cutting.

Later, Ron Lockhart
# discussion-request at nsrca.org