Public Fields

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 07:18:13 AKST 2003

Richard:
In Las Vegas, one in-town flying site is owned by North Las Vegas, and
the Bill Bennett field (TOC) is on Clark County land. This means that
individuals can use the fields virtually any time, unless a local club
has pre-empted it for an event, by obtaining a permit to do so.  Where I
am now,(North Carolina)  the fields are generally on leased land, and
the club involved has pretty much complete control over them, via
membership lists.  Downside: more cost involved, and maintenance etc.
must be by membership.
BTW: I've flown on the Albuquerque field by the river, and as I recall,
it is "operated" by some local government entity.
If you need anything else, I'll reply off-list.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org