Fuel/Water, Bearing/Rust--More Action ** GREAT THREAD... **.

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 15:39:24 AKST 2003

I have found same issues as Bob mentions. Plane sits for long time and find
clunk & tubing degraded. Even brass tubing dis-integrated through stopper. I
never consider what the cause of the serious degradation was but after
reading this thread is making me have major 2nd thoughts about any brass in
use in our fuel systems. Do the Valves in our pumps now become suspect? Is
it only certain brands or certain ratios that aggravate the degradation?
Glad there are many smarter enthusiast than I to help guide us more mere
mortals. Would bronze serve better? Is it a true electrolysis or just d/t
brass being a soft metal? I'm am no metallurgist.

    del