Fuel/Water, Bearing/Rust

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 15:11:33 AKST 2003

The diatribe of the last week or so on this list has been, shall we say,
rather........ interesting, (except for the news about Kirk Gray, that's plain
sad). It's time for something new.

In this month's Model Aviation, Joe Wagner talks about experiments he has run
with a trusty old engine. He ran baseline performance data with his regular
fuel and then he added water in his fuel to see how badly performance would be
affected. His results where very interesting. Shall we say that he made
chopped meat out of that "sacred cow".

He also briefly touches on what really is the root cause of bearing rust.
Even the uninitiated should find that interesting. Could a solution to all of
your OS bearing woes be this simple?

There, that ought to whet your whistle.

Matt K