Kirk Gray

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 17:33:05 AKST 2003

To all of Kirk's many friends, he says thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
I got to see him and talk with him this afternoon and he really appreciates
the concern everyone has for him.

He is in good spirits for someone with the injuries and pain he has. He has a
broken leg and dislocated hip. Seven broken ribs, broken left collorbone, a
cracked vertabre in his neck , along with cuts and bruises . He is confined and
cannot move except for his right arm . He is not paralized, and has full
motor function. He showed me that he could wiggle his toes on command. His thumbs
work well also. That is the good news. His neck is in a brace and the doctors
say that he must keep it that way or things could get worse. He said that he
was unable to get much sleep, and about all he could do is stare at the walls.

He asked me to pass on the following info. His old phone number is no longer
good and he no longer has e-mail. He has been staying at his parents home and
that is his current residence. I don't have the address at hand right now but
the phone number is
( 843 ) 346-4940.

Here is the hospital info:

Carolinas Hospital System
805 Pamplico Highway
PO Box 100550
Florence SC 29501-0550

Phone ( 843 ) 674-5000
To dial his room directly ( 843 ) 674-5704

He is in room 704 .

He was moved into the room out of ICU last night.  He says he looks forward
to hearing from friends and can get phone calls but due to getting test and
medical precedures he may not be able to respond at all times , so please be
patient.

He has a long road to travel to recovery. Please continue to keep him in your
thoughts and prayers.

Robert Gainey