Lithium or Not ?

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Sun Aug 31 16:19:31 AKDT 2003

 My experience with Li-ions is very positive. I have used 14 packs, so far, over about the last 36 months. I replace them in my pattern planes after 2 years as they slowly lose capacity. Very slowly I must hastily add, with lots of warning. The weight and number of flights per charge are perfect for my pattern needs. In a sport plane you can get almost twice as many flights.

The charger is a small cigarette lighter style device that works from a wall supply of 12 V and also from my car and flight box battery. Charging between flights does no harm like nicad memory. After 7 flights it takes about 1 hour to boost back to a full charge. The chargers are automatic and only charge if it can detect a need for a charge. There is a fuse in the charger that blows if the charge rate gets too high, like in a short

I get mine from. B. Furgang 3125 Rockgate, Simi Valley, CA 93063    <mailto:bfurgang at ez2.net> bfurgang at ez2.net  Good prices and a good product.

Regards,

Eric.