Pattern IMAC combined

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sat Aug 30 13:14:25 AKDT 2003

I'm not wanting the Imac guy to convert...rather I think his face in the
crowd....his dues along with all the other IMAC guys and all the other
pattern guys can give Aerobatics a bigger voice....a bigger presence, and
yes attract the new blood you are looking for...Rather than attract him to
pattern or attract him to IMAC why not attract him Aerobatics.

Rather we than working together we have all the Imac guys on one side of the
fence and the pattern guys on the other side of the fence...in competition
for this "new" guy...Why don't we open our doors and our minds and show this
guy what aerobatics has to offer. Instead we find ways to separate
ourselves.

I could care less if the new guy flies pattern or IMAC either way I think
Aerobatics is a winner!

The IMAC Holy Grail was the TOC and for Pattern the Worlds is the
top....Well F3A is so different now than AMA pattern, and the TOC is quite
different from IMAC....
But yet both groups look to these events as the ultimate in achievement in
the "style"

The Excellence achieved from the top guys is the same..and the top guys are
the same.....I would bet money that Chip Hyde has never flown an IMAC
contest. Yet he is one of the top IMAC style pilots....Why because he flies
Aerobatics.......

why are we separating them.....

I'm not advocating we change the classes, I'm not saying we change the
rules...I'm saying why don't we as Aerobatics pilots work together.....

There is too much.......MAC'ers this and Paw-turn's that! We sit in these
two different email lists and throw bombs at each other when in reality we
have the same goals...

Increase quality of flying and quality of models.
Increase participation in Aerobatics contests
Develop and advise AMA on rules and strategies for increased the
participation of our events.
We are trying to develop 2 different judging cadre's to give the best
possible judging....

I'm not saying merge the events I'm saying merge the organizations! One
group could administer both events....this would save money, and help
crossovers between events....

In pylon the same group handles F3D, Q500 and Q40 these are vastly different
events F3D is the Indy car racing and Q500 is like Nascar...Q40 is in
between......

The analogy that well you would not merge NASCAR and Indy together...No and
you know why...They have money and large amounts of support already....They
are not scrambling for members, money and headlines....Today NSRCA and IMAC
are both trying to fill the same void...Aerobatics...two groups two budgets
and two voices....together we can do much more than individuals.

We are all flying the ideal perfect 4 pt roll...the same skills to fly a 4pt
roll make a good pilot in pattern and IMAC....The same trimming skills and
airplane setup skills apply to both....and look at the rule book the
downgrades for mistakes and the definition of the maneuvers are identical!
Now they use a 1pt/10deg instead 15 deg....but come on......

The real problem is the Pattern guys are jealous that IMAC is stealing some
glory....and the IMAC guys are mad because the Pattern guys have tried to
rule the roost....The NSRCA was not receptive tot he needs of the Scale Aero
pilots and they split off. I think the NSRCA board of the time made a huge
mistake!

We all know who those people were....and some of them are still in "power"
now. Look we all make mistakes its life...maybe an olive branch to the other
is better than attitudes false statements about their flying abilities!

If you are reading this note...Then its your fault! You have the results and
you caused the results....Whether it was sitting on your duff...or out
posting stuff that is inflammatory on the email list its your fault! We have
the results we created.....Do we want to go forward or keep creating poor
results?

I ask you to make a difference in MAC'ers day...I ask you invite a MAC'er to
fly your model....And then I ask you to go fly in an IMAC event.....don't
gripe about how they do things...just look and experience how they do
it....Then look at what we as pattern guys can offer them and what they can
offer us!

Simple as that!

TN