Fuel Weights?

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed Aug 27 08:09:01 AKDT 2003

Hey Earl...

Right. Modelers understand %nitro by volume due to the old days when home
brews were done a couple of gallons at a time. Imagine the modern fuel
blender and his 1000 gallon volumetric flask. Or measuring out 100 times
10 gallons. Weighing is easier and more accurate. I really do not know how
any of the fuel guys do it but I would be amazed if they did it by volume.
Blending by weight and reporting by volume is easy. Once again,
performance should be the #1 factor for fuel-right?

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

EHaury at aol.com