Fwd: SCCMAS contest Morgan Hill Ca Nov 1&2

Jerry Ferwerda jerry236 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 17:55:01 AKDT 2003

Count me in Bob, also am working on a day this week to do some flying.  I will let you know, Jerry

Sent: 8/26/2003 7:02:15 PM
Subject: Fwd: SCCMAS contest Morgan Hill Ca Nov 1&2

Hi guys, again, looks like this didn't go out to the NSRCA list the first time, so I've moved the response dead line out to 3 Sept.

Hi guys

The Morgan Hill contest date is coming up (Nov 1 & 2).  This is a great field, big pit, big runway, etc  Now for the bad news, we still have the over flight problem on the left box.  The reality is that if you are in the box you are golden, but if you push out of the box you will be over the RED zone to the left.  This is a situation that, as CD, I have no control over and I will enforce the left box ruthlessly.

That said I'm convinced we can hold the contest and have a rippin' good time, we held the district championships there, last year, under the same "over flight conditions" and there was no issue with the box/overflight, no complaints, so it can and has worked.  So here's the deal, those of you who are planning to attend need to contact me, ASAP, if I get 24 or more potential attendees I will hold the contest, as planned.  I need to make a decision by Wednesday, 3 Sept.  I'm looking forward to the contest, but this is a busy field, with 400 members so I don't want to shut it down for a low turn out, so put it on your calendar and let's go fly some airplanes :-)

Bob Whitacre