OT: FWIW Bad capacitors

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 17:25:30 AKDT 2003

The motherboard is a PCChips 810LMR about 2 1/2 years old, I'm sure it is out of warranty. The latest versions only cost about $60 so I'm not too concerned about repairing it.

Rick Kent <knowhow3 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
BA285063-5BCE-11D4-AF8D-0050DAC67E11A0E6676D-5554-48F2-8D74-34B0CA008D35repeat#eff3f7left0pxANIM3D00-NONE-0000-0000-0000000000000ANIM3D00-NONE-0000-0000-00000000000016486DDE0-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC6803006486DDE0-3EFD-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC680301C3C52140-4147-11D4-BA3D-0050DAC680300X-ASN,X-ASH,X-AN,X-AP,X-AD;Bob,
Are these bad caps on new (or fairly new, <1 year old) boards? As a VAR OEM PC/server builder, this is a new one to me, and useful to know. However, if the board is under vendor warranty, I'd just get it replaced. Soldering on a motherboard is such a fiddly job, and surely voids it's warranty in the event of other future failures.

Rick