D4 Champs - Unknowns

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Aug 25 11:51:44 AKDT 2003

>From feedback and self reflection I'm starting to lean heavily towards a single sequence, determined Saturday evening in some format...but regardless of that process, what do people think of a "same class" judged event...meaning the unknown would be judged by those flying the unknown (assuming that a good number are interested)

I.e. if 15 guys sign up to fly...10 or 11 would judge with the remaining 4 preping to fly, or cleaning up from having just flown.  It's a "rolling" line up of judges which isn't perfect equal exposure, but dropping a high and a low and keeping 8 scores makes for a well judged round in my opinion.  Also eliminates a judging dilemma if most of the top classes want to participate.

The number of participants may also determine the length of the schedule...meaning the more, the shorter...just to have time.