remedial engine question

David Harmon K6XYZ at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 09:26:21 AKDT 2003

This same thing happened to me with a 140-L.
The engine would screech occasionally and there was an rpm loss so I
knew something was binding up.
Turned out to be the rear bearing locking up and the inner bearing race
was skidding on the shaft. The shaft had to be replaced because the
bearing race wore the shaft OD so small that a new bearing would wobble
when I reassembled it. The old bearing felt and looked new.
This happened really fast too, so don't run you engine until you replace
the bearings and inspect the shaft.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586