D4 Championship PBG

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Aug 22 09:56:14 AKDT 2003

Anything in the name of science.

We've already made two significant scientific discovers as a result of the annual night flights.

#1  Glow sticks DO have mass.  Therefore, placing 9 of them all aft of your original CG will MOVE the CG to a less desirable location.  Usually catastophically.

#2  Tape, not unlike water, does not mix well with oil.  Taping glowsticks onto an uncleaned airframe will result in poor adherence.

     #2.1 Corollary to 2.0   The difficulty in flying a plane at night is directly proportional to the number of glow sticks that have fallen off in flight.  It's surprising just how erratic the track of a single light point can be as it finds it's way to the earth.

Oh..and in case anyone is wondering...if a plane crashes in the woods...and nobody sees it, it still crashed.  Just look for the glow....

Mark
-Assembling mass bottle rocket launchers as I type....