Infected!

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 04:36:09 AKDT 2003

Not necessarily true. You can't be sure who actually sent the message without looking into the details of the numeric addressing on the message. The virus will insert addresses it finds into the "sender" field to make you think the message is coming from someone you know. I am getting "Delivery Failure" notices from mail servers claiming my getterflash at yahoo.com ID sent a message containing the virus, which can't happen unless I knowingly forward the message (I have not). This account is web-based and not susceptible to viruses targeting Microsoft Outlook, one of the reasons I use it for list subscriptions.

"Thomas C. Weedon" <weedon at wwnet.net> wrote: The following individuals have been infected by the latest virus;

F. Collinson
D. Ramsey
R. Vanputtee

If any of our list members can contact these people, please tell them to
clean their computers with the latest Anti-Virus software. As some may have
noticed, the "bug" got in their computers and is sending infected e-mails
out to everyone in their address book.

Tom Weedon, NSRCA D4 AVP
NSRCA Team
AMA 2537, NSRCA 733