NVRC Pattern Contest - D2

randy10926 at comcast.net randy10926 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 10:09:17 AKDT 2003

SCATTERED
The amount of sky cover for a cloud layer between 3/8ths and 4/8ths, based on
the summation layer amount for that layer.

ISOLATE
To set apart or cut off from others.

THUNDERSTORM
Produced by a cumulonimbus cloud, it is a microscale event of relatively short
duration characterized by thunder, lightning, gusty surface winds, turbulence,
hail, icing, precipitation, moderate to extreme up and downdrafts, and under
the most severe conditions, tornadoes.

Clear as mud ain't it.

Anyway isolated T-Storms are single clouds thatr are cut off from other T-
Storms.  Scatter are part of a cloud base.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org