O.S.Mixture Control Carb #70B

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Tue Aug 19 06:35:23 AKDT 2003

There is an answer to your "why?' question. It is almost always a mid range question related to the pipe. Some pipes give great top end but struggle in the mid range transition and vice versa. Also the same pipe will behave differently according to length. The max power pipe setting can be used if the transition can be managed. EFI and FI engines let you do this electronically. We used carbs with in-flight mixture control back in the 80's t handle our sensitive 61's. Today's bigger 2-c's still have some "throat clearing" issues.

Your set up works for you with your fuel in your climate and altitude. It does vary around the country. I, too, like to show inexpensive ways to get good power. My adventures with the OS 1.60 will tell you that. But if price is not the issue I prefer in-flight control.

Regards,

Eric.