Getting Women to fly

Linda Carnes flyinglady at mypccrashed.com
Wed Aug 13 09:50:34 AKDT 2003

I think it is just getting women to fly in general then they will find a
place whether it be Pattern, IMAC, Combat or sport.

According to the AMA 1% of the membership is women, there is even a group
named the one per centers.

I have one daughter, two step daughters, and one step son, all four children
refused to even try the buddy box, yet my daughter in law did and she could
be really great but she moved out of state and did not continue to fly.

I do not think it is the gear head factor, all of the women that I have met
have done every thing from building to repairs, at the field they take full
responsibility for flight ready to clean up. Never complained about getting
a little dirty. (this is actually cleaner than rising children).

I wish I had an answer, as with most every other female pilot I have met, we
are usually the only one at our own field. It does get a little lonely some
times. I have spoken to pilots wives and it is like talking to my husband
Ross. Ross has no interest in flying, he did scribe at one event, otherwise
he is fly fishing every time he has a chance.

Sincerely

Linda Carnes

Combined PC Support Services Inc.
Phone: (706) 253-7677