Are positive snaps in the Advanced pattern Avalanche zero's?

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 16:47:23 AKDT 2003

No can do. Go here http://home.wyan.org/~rkane/NSRCA%20District%204%20points.htm  I have accumulated over 100 points so I'm in Masters for 2004. BTW, if you have not done so, you should renew your NSRCA membership.

Anthony Abdullah <aabdu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:Bob, I hope you stay in advanced at least one more year so I can fly against you and have  a respectable showing.

Anthony

Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:
That very manuever is in the proposed 2005 Masters. Can I petition to stay in Advanced just to avoid this manuever?

Anthony Abdullah <aabdu at sbcglobal.net> wrote: That's a good idea for a new FAI manuever, an outside avalanche from the top. Talk about a "pucker" factor.

Troy Newman <troy_newman at msn.com> wrote: no...

Positive or negative snaps are allowed in an Avalanche...the direction or the orientation of the snap is not defined.

Diving or climbing has nothing to do with the stall....

If this diving into a stall was the case how could there be snaps on a downline....? F3A has many of them

To snap a model you have to stall the wing...which means it gets a pitch Break...this break can be up or down....what happens is the model pitches quick enough that the wing stalls...

It has nothing to do with speed of the model or orientation of the model...you can still stall the model and complete a snap. At any speed, any throttle setting, any orientation you can stall a model...sometimes it might take more elevator than other times. Example the higher the energy coming into it...the harder it is to get the stall clean...and you need lots more elevator throw...But the model doesn't care if its upside down snapping inside or right side up snapping outside........it can be accomplished if the model stalls.

I sometimes will snap in the positive direction on an avalanche as it helps me personally maintain the loop radius...depends on the model too..some models will snap better in an avalanche doing a pos or a neg vs the other way.

TN