Answer to >>> directions to Glen,NY contest

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 17:44:20 AKDT 2003

Glad to help..

    On I-90 (Thruway) take Exit 28.
    Head south on Route 30-A. I am guessing about 3 to 4 miles you make right on Logtown road after making a sharp bend and climbing turn. Comes up abruptly. I recall about 1 to 1.5 miles down logtown road on right is field. Sign at entrance.
    August 16th & 17th.
    Ken Kuehner is CD  - 518-762-1141

    Super 8 Motel  - Amsterdam -  Exit 27 off I-90   518 843-5888
    Super 8 Motel -  Rt 30-A North Johnstown         518 736-1800
    Best Western -  Amsterdam - Ex. 27 off I-90      518 843-5760
    Valley View Motor Inn - Amsterdam - Ex. 27      518 842-5637
    Holiday Inn  -  Rt 30-A  - North Johnstown         518 762-4686
    Riverside Motel - Fultonville                               518 853-3314
    Travelodge  -  Fultonville - Ex 28 off I-90           518 853-4511

This is the best info I have from 2001 source. I am from Batavia and don't use these resources so can't say if this data is accurate or up to date. As Ken himself isn't on the internet and I don't know of anyone else their that is I am offering what info I do have as a help. If this info want to be verified I would call Ken Kuehner himself for clarification. (See number above)

    If you have never attended Ken and Gayle Kuehner's Sat night food spread you are in for a rare treat. They also have a great private strip for a flying field that has pilots facing north. On site camping is permitted. No hookups.

     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928
     NSRCA - 473
     Kb2joi - General