The value of noise

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 12:34:12 AKDT 2003

 I just want to see what others think. I for one love noise maybe it has to do with growing up listening to hard rock music or something. What would Nascar be with near silent cars, or how about John Force running at 300 MPH quietly? Would the Blue Angels be exciting if they didn't roar? Same goes with my planes, I like loud, it sounds cool and it adds to the excitement. Why do you think that IMAC type planes appeal to many? I know we have sound restrictions and all but I can't help the fact that I get turned on by the roar of an engine. I wonder if the new more "PC" electric revolution will be as exciting for spectators and participants alike.But hey it's just my opinion I could be wrong. Mike