Electric Pattern

ArestiPattern at aol.com ArestiPattern at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 04:22:02 AKDT 2003

I'm thinking this new e-pattern flying might be pretty trick to try.  As far
as costs go, I'm a bit concerned about the battery packs and charger needs.
I've read the Li-Polys Jason's using are about $325 bucks each so $700 for the
plane (that'll come down in price for sure).  So, if I head to the flying
field after work to bang off 4 to 6 practice rounds in a couple of hours, how many
battery packs and chargers am I gonna have to buy to get this done?  Will I
be carrying a Honda portable generator along to power my 'bank' of chargers as
well?  What is the re-charge time for one pack?

I peeked in the Hacker booth at the last TOC, really impressive stuff and an
awesome halftime show each day.  Granted, they were setup to fly several
models at the show, but the spaghetti of wires and chargers they had to get this
accomplished simply twisted the mind.

Rick Hannah
St. Joseph, Michigan