Poland - electrics

juhler at bellsouth.net juhler at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 6 07:26:48 AKDT 2003

Bill,

I think you, as well as several people during this discuss have missed the point.  It is not a question of the use of a electric plane, or that he puts himself and his sponsors at risk with a poor showing.  It is the simple fact that he didn't use this plane or technology to  get on the team.

I have no doubt in my mind that electrics are up and coming.  With the brushless motors, battery technology, and radio gear going the way it is, electirs are now catching up to the IC world.  Heck, I am even playing around with electric planes and I said I never would.....so that is not the issue here.

I am not a member of the team, was not part of the election committee and I am not the team manager so really my opinion doesn't count.  I hope Jason kicks butt and shows the world what he has to offer.  If he does I doubt any of us will remember this discussion.  However, I really think this needs to be addressed in future team trials.

As far as guys showing up with one of a kind motors etc., my question would be, "Did they use them during the trials?".

Jon

# discussion-request at nsrca.org