Electric Pattern

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Wed Aug 6 06:56:35 AKDT 2003

I featured Joe's plane two years ago in my Nat's report. I watched it fly this year. It was not competitive, but Joe had fun.

My own opinion is as follows:- I would have liked to have seen Jason's plane at the Nationals so that I could make an informed opinion. Chip took his chances and flew his Bi-planes at the team trials and the Nat's. We got to see the capabilities of the plane, (Not just the pilot). He also debugged a loose stab and some YS crankshaft prototype counter-weights. Jason's electric is a huge unknown in a competitive situation. As a person who has contributed energy, written effort and personal finance to the support of our team, I am much more comfortable with Chips approach. How I see this has nothing to do with rules and rights but much more the issue of obligations to those who ran team trials, raised funds, and sat in the judges chairs.

I do however value and respect the opinions offered to my original question. They all have their own merit and may influence future conduct or even US F3A selection behavior.

Regards,

Eric.