Poland - Electric.

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Wed Aug 6 01:55:42 AKDT 2003

This is one of the BEST posts I've seen on this subject. Thank you!

Terry t.

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 00:57:17 EDT BCripe7350 at aol.com writes:
I am just a lurker wanna be pattern competitor but it sure seems like you
guys are making a much bigger deal of this than what is necessary.  You
guys are assuming that the electric plane has no chance of winning and
that he's only doing it for sponsors.  Do you really think Jason feels
that way?  There is ALOT for both him and his sponsors to lose if he
doesn't do good.  Think about it.  What you dont realize is that it
electrics really are state of the art and likely the future of RC.  Go
check out ezonemag.com.  Read the discussions.  The advances are rapidly
happening.  Its pretty amazing!  Sure right now it costs alot but so does
EFI YS's and OS's, Carbon tuned pipes, Hyde mounts, Bolly props, 20-20,
etc.  As time goes on prices will go down.

At this level most of the top competitors are taking chances and pushing
the envelope.  Isn't Chips plane a gamble?  Its incredibly fragile, its a
biplane, etc.  Usually the top pattern guys show up with experimental
YS's and OS's.  Isn't that a gamble?  I haven't heard the same outrage
when that has happened.  A couple of years ago showing up with an ARF
would have been a serious gamble!

I think its great.  The interest in electric pattern planes is much more
than most think.  Look at where we are in 2003.  Arfs, Biplanes,
electrics who would have thought this was possible five years ago?  There
are people out there who have no idea what a YS is but are discussing
Jasons plane with a great amount of interest.  That has to be good for
pattern in the long run.

Bill Cripe
Tustin, Ca