S.S.Bearing- What to Do about it??

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 08:59:45 AKDT 2003

or to discourage O.S> engine sales..
     Del

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Kane
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 5:33 AM
  Subject: Re: S.S.Bearing- What to Do about it??

  I believe OS designed this bearing problem into the 140 on purpose, just to give us something to do.

  Bob Pastorello <rcaerobob at cox.net> wrote:
    Assuming that OS doesn't offer a solution to lubrication of the rear bearing on the 1.40, what other options are available?
        What mods could be made to the crankcase to permit more oil flow back there?
        Would increasing oil content of fuel make any difference?

    If the real core problem is undersizing of the bearing for the load application the motor endures, then a real fix would be a redesign of the crankcase to use a larger and wider bearing.  Pretty unlikely that would happen, I would guess.
        So what's the solution besides keeping the bearing suppliers well-funded??

    Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
    NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
    rcaerobob at cox.net
    www.rcaerobats.net