SmargdZ wing tube

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Aug 4 21:24:14 AKDT 2003

Yes I just stuck the wing in my Flashdance...It was moved back in the foam also. Top that off with Moving the wings and stab locations in order to have more fun doing the flippidy flop stuff....It took some really intense thinking  and measuring to make sure I got the wing and stab in the right spots.

The deal is, my opinion, the wing tubes were too far forward in the wings before...now they are back in a thicker portion of the wing....Should make for stronger setup....

Not that I have had any trouble with the ones I've had. I had one Smaragd that had over 1000 flights...and died from a bird strike...and my current Smaragd Z is still going strong....I did some heavy maintenance and fixed a couple things that were nagging at me...But its got lots and lots of flying on it....almost all of last season and about 300 flights this year....Including the marathon of the Team Trials for that whole week...man I think we burnt about 6 gallons in 3 -4 days leading up to it and then who knows how much before and after the contest rounds. I think I was doing about 8-10 flights a day on the Smaragd...throw in a couple on the backup model and it was full day of flying......So the Smaragd Z is probably up near the 1300+ range.

But its ready and willing for some more fun this fall.

Troy