Mintor 140 Bearings

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Mon Aug 4 18:35:23 AKDT 2003

Does anyone out there remember the mods we made to the pre-Hanno OS 61RF-ABC
pumpers?  If you all remember, that motor was NOTORIOUS for eating
bearings...rusting bearings...blowing retainers...balls getting peened into
multi-flat, dented metal chunks.....
    And somewhere, someone showed me a modified crankcase.  Some engine guru
had decided a groove was in order to allow more fuel (oil) into the front
face of the rear bearing race...the groove ran lengthwise from the upper
left corner of the carb intake window, straight back to the bearing face.
The idea was, more oil would be drawn into the front of the bearing.
    Two questions...
        One - does anyone remember this mod?  Did it work for you?  (mine
did improve bearing life)  and
        Two - has anyone tried this mod on the OS 1.40 ?  I'd think the same
principle should apply...

Any thoughts??

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373