Poland

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Aug 4 14:22:18 AKDT 2003

Correct Jaz is suppose to be flying Electric models..... The model from what I have heard is a composite Rhapsody...not the Harrison design but another model produce in Germany...This model is similar to a Smaragd type from the pictures I have seen. Its a composite model like the Angel's shadows....

These are not the first electrics to be flown in F3A at the worlds...but they might be the first ones that are competitive and are adapted from a current F3A model....

I had the privilege to watch Quique fly an Electric "3D" funfly plane at the Southeast Electric Flight Festival. It was rather impressive. This was by no means a 2M pattern model it was similar in size to the older 120 designs...around 9lbs flying.... The model was built by Peter Goldsmith.
The model is the Carrera E...and is really setup to be a Artistic Aero model but with the power it had and the performance there is no doubt it was capable of the F3A sequences. Quique was doing many of the eye catching Unknown maneuvers like the 1 roll loops from the bottom upright and inverted entry....The 1.5 snap on 45 up.....and so on...It was very impressive what I saw.

got to:

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1223.asp

for pictures of Quique flying the Carrera E

As for the equipment this is all pretty new stuff and they have done some extensive testing with it. The current setup is a 22-12 prop models are in the 10.5lb range...they can get in 2 rounds in per charge on the Batteries.

http://www.hackerbrushless.com/

This stuff is not currently on their website....but information will follow from the guys at Hacker.

The word I got today from a little bird is All the guys made it they went to the field today for the first practice session. All the planes arrived A-Ok and they are ready to get it on. They are still sleepy from the flights and will be sleeping well tonight.

For those who don't know...Model processing is Friday and Saturday and Prelims start next Sunday...

We know your not listening to the net but Good Luck guys.

Troy Newman