Original Pattern Model

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 10:59:09 AKDT 2003

Don
 I to enjoyed the article ti brought back some good old memories.
Back then I started with single channel escapement set up and progressed to
Controlair reed system with Transamite servos. I initially competed in Class 1
my class 1 design Oily Bird was published in MAN June 1967 complete with cover
picture. I still have the airplane. I went to what was then class 3 and flew
a Taurus which I still have in flying condition less the radio of course. I
dropped out for twenty-five years but arose from the dead in 95 to find so many
changes that I had to start over, but what a joy. I started trying to fly
Pattern again in 1995 and most likely have progressed to the limit of my
incompetency trying to fly an Advanced pattern that most judges can recognize. Back to
stay and loving it
Think you are old?
 Buddy