3M Engines

wgalligan wgalligan at cnbcom.net
Tue Apr 29 11:45:28 AKDT 2003

Eric,

 I was paying some attention to how much these airplanes vibrate when i was at the Waco contest.  I have been observing many of the same things you have. 2-stroke vs 4-strokes.  The planes with 4-stroke I would pick up while they where running at idle really shake a plane a lot.  Of course the 2 strokes are much happier but still get that thump at lowest idles as you stated.  Something I was comparing was my plane vs others.  I Noticed the aileron thing also and have had to replace the cheap control horns already. Perhaps I should invest in the MK's to eliminate replacement or extend the life of the connectors there.  I have a very stiff fuse.  Made of coremat and c.fiber composite.  The fuse doesn't seem to vibrate a lot back to the tail but the canopy and wings seem to get a pounding but not near as much as other planes I noted over the weekend.   I could move my ailerons to 3/4+ deflection and you can hear the difference in the noise level thats created by the vibrations.  Next up now is changing these servos over to nylon gears.
 I just recieved my 3M and when I get it bench run-in I plan on putting it in this Aries.  Will let you know the difference between that and my O.S.

Wayne

# discussion-request at nsrca.org