Painting

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Apr 29 09:47:02 AKDT 2003

Hey Verne,
 I think you're being waaay toooo fussy. After all, there are only two
kinds of R/C aircraft. Those that have and those that
will................(crash, that is)! I hope you're not trying to sand
the ridge where the monokote trim overlaps. You guys are making me feel
like a real neophyte. I just went and felt the ridge on my latest paint
project, and it's less than the monokote ridge and I don't bother with
any clearcoating. I used less than 2&1/2 oz of paint(Concept) including
primer to cover the fuse(almost 2 meter) and when it's sprayed this
thinly the ridge is not offensive, at least not to me.I think you must
be thinking about future resale value(just kidding,just kidding).When I
get to the Nats I'm going to examine this thing veeeeery closely.
Georgie