Poor customer service

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Mon Apr 28 05:50:07 AKDT 2003

At 11:21 PM 4/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>How do you get good service from a paticular company, do you have to be a
>well known
>pattern pilot?, Do you have to be a district VP?, Do you just have to be a
>frequent respondent
>to the list with the respect of the list community?, Do you have to live
>just down the street from
>the company so you can get in there face every other day until they
>perform? I have owned a business
>for twelve years and if you spend money with me you get the good service
>period! I purchased a pattern engine from
>well known company and now I must say that was a big mistake. I sent the
>engine back to the company
>for repair after only running one weekend with it before having problems,
>The engine was sent back
>to the distributor for check out and repair one week before the first
>district 3 contest in Ocala
>Florida, It is now the week before the Pensacola contest and I am not sure
>when I will get it
>back and all efforts to have a line of communication with this company has
>failed, messages get no
>replies, I am told I will get calls back and I don't, I was told "the
>motor will go back out this week"
>but I never see it {three weeks ago}, I was told this Friday that the
>motor was ran and the guy that
>ran it wasn't in and that they would call him on his cell and get right
>back to me, nada, never heard
>back, I am not even sure if he knows who I am and what my problem with the
>motor is, seems like a standard
>set of blow off lines to me. This motor {excuse me, this company} has
>caused me to miss the Ocala
>contest, Andersonville GA, and it looks like I am out of luck for the
>Pensacola contest this weekend. I was
>really looking forward to flying as many contest as I could this year but
>this company has robbed me of that
>and for that they will loose any future business from me, as a sport flyer
>just trying my hand at pattern that is
>all I can do, maybe if I was a top FAI pilot this company would have given
>better service, then again maybe not.
>I learned a long time ago that in business good customers don't bi*#%h,
>they just go away!
>I am so agrivated and I thank everyone for listening.
>
>Brian Billings
>Orange Park Florida

A letter to the State Attorney General Office in the state the business is
located in.  It does wonders!   I've had to resort to that route a few times.

Don't waste your time writing the Better Business Bureau.  The BBB has no
legal authority to help you, they only can write "scary" letters to the
business owner but the letters have no legal teeth.  And if the business
belongs to the BBB and paid their "yearly fee" (double fee if its an
internet business, this is why I feel the BBB is a scam) your complaint
with the BBB will never make it to the companies files.

However the AG's office has legal authority and they do take action.

George
Daytona Beach
PS: I too am a business owner however refuse to belong to the BBB as they
are more of a Scam business than any that exist.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org