Need Help on YS 61R Long Stroke!!!

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at msn.com
Sun Apr 27 22:37:56 AKDT 2003

OOps,
wrong click on the last one.

I am not an expert, but here goes.
The idle is still a little too high.  My YS 61LS idled at 2000rpm with 13x8.
I could go lower.

Have you checked the Diaphragm?
As basic maintenance, cleaning the needle valve assembly is also a good
idea.

When I take out a previously stored engine, I try to clean out the oil (I
use Mobile 1 Synthetic oil) with fuel.  Remove glow plug, use starter to
turn the engine that was hand primed before using starter.  Flood it so that
the old oil get mixed with fuel and drained out to plug hole.  (Make sure to
cover the plug hole with rag to prevent fuel/oil splash).

I am not sure about Prather's after run oil.  never tried it.
Also, I don't use castor anymore.  I had to clean one of OS pump because of
the castor residue.

Hope this helps,

Ihncheol