3M Engines

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Sun Apr 27 01:16:43 AKDT 2003

>In a message dated 4/26/03 6:39:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>kvelez at rochester.rr.com writes:
>
>>Hello everyone,
>>
>>I have a question to those using the 3M Mintor engines. I'm trying
>>to figure out if the exhaust port bolt pattern is the same as in
>>the OS 1.40 RX. I can not use the stock heather on my plane set up
>>because it hits the engine mount and I was wondering if the Mac's
>>heather for the OS will fit.
>>Thanks in advance.
>>

>Same pattern as OS
>
>Bob

Except that the header screws for the 3M are 3.5mm instead of 4mm as
used on both the OS and Webra.  The Macs header is setup for 8-32
screws which works fine with the 4mm screws but you'll need to use
either some small spacers or slightly oversize washers with the 3.5mm
screws that come with the 3M motor.  I used oversize lock washers and
it worked just fine.

Jerry

--
Jerry Budd