REAL FLIGHT SETTINGS

jed241 at msn.com jed241 at msn.com
Thu Apr 24 09:02:00 AKDT 2003

Ihncheol sent this to me awhile back.
******************
Below is the Tracer modification by Ray Rhodes on 7/24/02 and 7/26/02.
Hi Chuck, Larry, Andrew,and all
Will start on this today, but I may have to continue tomorrow. Very slow
typist.
[1I] In Plane setup~ I like to use 1.2 on the visual scale.
[2] Engines~ Use the OS 120 with the 18/6 prop.
[3]Fuse~ Length 78, Height 6.1, Weight 4.00, Frontal 52, CG -1.0, Width 4.0
[3a] Landing Gear~ Width 20.0, Be sure to lengthen the LG or the prop will
not clear!! I use -8.1 and -7.4
[4] Wings ~ Stab span 30.0  chord 10.0  weight .65  airfoil NACA 0009  Main
wing 78.8,  18.0  2.0 lb.airfoil NACA 0012.  Vertical stab 10.0  .10 lb
chord 9.1  airfoil  NACA 0009.
[5] Control Surfaces ~ El. 25%,   up 15deg. down 15 deg. Main Wing 18% of
chord  20 degrees deflection up and down. Rudder  55% of chord,   45%
deflection R. and L.
I think that is all, but if something doesn't work, let me know. You may
want to change the wash-in, and/or the C.G..depending on what class you
fly.This is the way I change the snap and spin characteristics.
Regards
Ray

Hi Chuck
I knew I would forget some stuff. There is probably lots more. Currently the
wash in/wash out is 0.0, but the C.G. is a full minus 1.00. You will find
that you change things around much as you do on your big ship. Right now the
snaps are very close, but am having trouble with the spin entry. If you come
up with any improvements, let me know.(of course I am having trouble with
spin entry on my 3D also)
Later
Ray
Hope this helps,