YS 140DZ fixed!

Tomanek, Wojtek tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com
Thu Apr 24 06:07:46 AKDT 2003

Peter

The on-the-ground max rpm it can be very deceiving with the DZ.  Using APC
16x12 my L actually turned couple hundred rpm more (8400 vs 8600 using 20%)
than my DZ.  The proof is in the air under load going up.  The L was
definitively nowhere close to the DZ's pulling power, which comes at any
throttle setting not just max.    Where L will have some difficulties in
turning large diameter corner after a point roll or just a roll with long
lines, the DZ just keeps on pulling like it was going for a Sunday afternoon
stroll.  Do not get me wrong it is good to compare the figures but it is
less meaningful with DZ than most engines out there.

Wojtek

 -----

 16.5x12W getting 8900rpm flying at 8400rpm with the restrictor at 3500ft

# discussion-request at nsrca.org