Sun Glasses

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Wed Apr 23 12:27:00 AKDT 2003

Keith,
The non-gradient version is uniformly dark from top to bottom (total
mirror). I personally consider them to be too dark and save them for use
under the harshest conditions like having to fly into and out of the sun.
However, this type of thing is different from one person to the next. The
most ideal lens for me under normal mid-day, sunny day flying is the Ray-Ban
G-15 lens. That lens is the dark green one you see on about 90% of Ray-Ban
sunglasses. The Zurich lenses are considerably darker than that. The Ray
Bans are about the same as the bottom of the Zurich gradient lens (part that
isn't mirrored).  I'm only mentioning the Ray Bans for reference purposes.
Hope this helps.

Verne