Sun Glasses

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 14:34:28 AKDT 2003

I batted this around awhile, because I don't want to get a sunglasses
war started.  Also, I am not remotely sponsored by anybody; just thought
this might be useful.
Recently, I drive my wife to the Optometrist; she was having some drops
that made it unsafe for her to drive.
While in the office, I mentioned to the technician that I spent a lot of
time in the sun.
He stressed the importance of good sunglasses, and said that he had a
machine that tested for harmful (UV) rays, and if I brought my
sunglasses by, he would be glad to test them.
I told him that part of the time I used Ray Ban glasses; he said "no
need to test those, I know they work well."
So, I brought him a pair of my other glasses.  He tested them, and said
: "These are good for 100% protection.  They're excellent."
I said: "Are they as good as my Ray Bans?"
His answer: "better than."
What are they?  Zurich.
As I say, I don't know these folks, except for using their glasses for
about 5 years.
And, I'm sure there are other glasses out that are as good.
I just thought I'd share this, because this is the first time I've seen
an objective statement by someone in the trade, with no vested interest.

And our eye sight is so important to us--in and out of the sport.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org