Best battery choice? + Current Draw used per flight + more testing

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Fri Apr 18 08:31:09 AKDT 2003

I've got a new column coming out discussing the life of Li-Ion.  It looks
like they build up internal resistance over time so what you will see is a
lower voltage when you test with a load.  The pack I ran all last year still
works but the voltage is so low I've replaced it on the control system and
use it on the ignition system.  It will be interesting to see if and when it
really fails.  I've had this pack almost two years and who knows when it was
made.  Li-Ions will all need to be replaced in the two to three year range.
The good news is the process is very slow and we will know when it is time
to replace them, more so than NiCds.
Jim