ARF pattern Opportunity!

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Fri Apr 18 06:09:35 AKDT 2003

There is a veritable flood of pattern ARF's coming into the USA. The top end Tai-Ji's, Low end Tai-Ji's, Swallows, Stream -50's, Zen's. TT Imagines The FOCII of course),Majestic, Advance, Javelin, EZ Hydeout, etc to name a few. Then there is whole raft of so called 3-D planes like the U-Can-do, Freestyle, Giles whatever.....and the a bunch of sport planes like the T-34 and so many look alikes.

SO - WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT THIS?

This influx at club fields creates a harvest that we can reap!! You are the agent. Everyone of you who writes on this list has the power to go and run an Aerobatics fun fly. Do mini clinic in the AM and a simple contest in the PM. Ask fellow NSRCA nuts to help you. Give presentation at you local club. Sell, sell, sell, (Not tell) the fun and challenge of following a schedule and doing it well.

Just in case you are thinking "It's Ok for him to talk...". I decided to get pattern proactive, (once I freed up from managing the NSRCA business), and get promoting what we do. Even though we are handicapped by weather in NJ, I have already presented at two clubs, got one full contest scheduled and two - maybe three- let's call them "pattern clinics" at two other clubs.  They have a bunch of these ARF's and really want to know how to fly them "well"

The gauntlet is "Can you all pick up the challenge and do something expansively similar?" We have more troops on the ground that we realize. You can reach the ex-pattern folks ready to come back as well as the new guys...Just imagine the growth we could create if each one of us found one more pattern pilot or ran one more contest...! THINK BOLD

Have Good Friday,

Eric Henderson
AMA District-2 AVP - South Jersey
Columnist - Model Aviation