DZ flying time

Ed Deaver divesplat1 at msn.com
Thu Apr 17 19:48:50 AKDT 2003

Am looking for some ideas on fuel conservatism for the DZ.

In the Oly Medal, 24oz Dubro tank with YS foam clunk, needle at 1.25 turns,
Prop APC 16.5X12W running 8400RPM(using ATV to turn down from 9100rpm).

I get through the masters sequence, using more throttle management than
ever, for me, with one extra pass at times before the first burble, this is
prior to 7.5 minutes.

Any thoughts on getting more flying time?  I am about ready to go to a
hopper tank but want to exhaust my options before this.

Thanx in advance.

ed

# discussion-request at nsrca.org