Hirobo Stream-50

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Thu Apr 17 04:23:34 AKDT 2003

It will fly well on an OS 50 or equivalent as well. The best part about using a YS 61 is that you can make it very quiet with the Hatori or just use the stock exhaust system. I got the '63 header from Central Hobbies. FYI - the OS 91 hardware also fits this engine. With the Hatori set up you get a smaller version of a full size 2-M plane.

Did you notice that it comes with its own soft mount set up? The FG and paint work was so good that I was loath to cut any holes in it. My wife was impressed with the paint work and the overall finish. I also noted that the retracts were very good in their action and lack of slop. It actually had gear legs that I could use.

I have some pictures of how I used the wing bolts to hold the pipe as well as the wing if you are interested.

Regards,

Eric.