FW: Rudder Tubulator Strips

PENNISI Peter Peter.Pennisi at publicworks.qld.gov.au
Wed Apr 16 17:15:01 AKDT 2003

I have been using a form of rudder tubulator on my current F3A model for
the past 6 months. I believe certain flight characteristics have been
improved with this model as it has a very blunt front-end. I find it
sits better in the wind as it seems to have dampened the tail end from
wiggling in
flight. I have also found it much easier to pull straight verticals
especially when the wind is blowing.

All I did was CA some 3mm plastic angle to the TE of the rudder. (Both
sides of course).

It is worth trying if your model does not "lock on" in the wind.

Here are some pictures of my setup.

http://www.qpfa.org.au/rudder%20turb.htm

Peter