Best battery choice? + Current Draw used per flight

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 14 07:00:34 AKDT 2003

Brian,
Each servo draws about 2 amps when it starts and 3 when it stops.  These are
very short pulses.  However, when you are sitting there vibrating you are
continuously starting and stopping all your servos.  The real test is to get
a measure of what the average current is in flight.  Then base your battery
capacity requirements on that.
One approach to minimize current is to get servos with larger deadband.
Jim