D II Spring Contests

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 11 05:38:12 AKDT 2003

It is a bit of a muddle in the CD definition. I think I am the co-Cd. The
club president is the CD of record. He is taking care of all of the local
preparations.
Jerry Plyler and Steve Hill will run the event. It sounds complicated, but
it worked well last year.

I have heard talk of a Bark's contest the week after Joe Nall (May 26?) but
I don't know if that required my scoring and I am not sure I can be free to
score that weekend.

Long lead times for contest planning have not been a good idea in this area.
All you lose with a
closer planning horizon is the magazine advertising. We usually do make
application for a sanction
but for whatever reason last years D2 Champs at Barks did not clear by the
day of the event and
we went forward with it ayway. Insurance was in place due to the event being
held at an AMA field.

You also loose the CD membership credit without the sanction, but I don't
know any Pattern
Flyers that worry about that. Most active CD's put on more than one event a
year anyway!

The semi-formal way we administer things in D2 works well for us, but might
not in other districts.