3M 1.40

AAbdu at aol.com AAbdu at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 11:07:41 AKDT 2003

I wouldn't necessarily suggest taking it apart, unless you just like doing that sort of thing. Just give it a very thourough visual inspection and keep an eye out for anything that seems to be a little "weird". At the very most I might take off the head or the back plate (probably not with the pump back there)and give it a look. Mike Darr is the owner of the engine I looked at and he is on the list so he would probably be able to tell you much better that I could what to look for. Overall I was very impressed with it. It is possible but unlikely that 3M would go through the trouble of manufacturing such an obviously high quality premium engine, then shoot themselves in the foot by not paying attention to an important detail like clearing all milled material before final assembly.
# discussion-request at nsrca.org