NEW CONTEST - Negotiating

mrstev0922 at aol.com mrstev0922 at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 10:12:34 AKDT 2003

Eric,...

I've often thought about trying to negotiate and persuade my club to allow a
Pattern Primer.  Unfortunately my club's major objective is to make money,
and the bottom line is how much money can they expect in their treasury at
the end of the Contest/Event.

My question to you, and to anyone else who has run a contest or primer, is
there a rule of thumb for expenses versus income for one of these events??
Any general guidelines for how many contestants are needed for a break even
scenario??  I realize a lot of this has to do with actual expenses and costs
of trophies and such, but if anybody would care to chime in with their
experiences in this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Steve Teerlinck
Monson, Massachusetts