YS 91 ac

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Wed Apr 9 12:50:28 AKDT 2003

William
Eric hit the nail on the head. I had a problem,with a friends plane just
like this at The Peach Pattern Classic 2 weeks ago and it was the check
valve.I caught the problem when the tank didn't phutt(spew) much when
relieved of pressure.We changed the check valve and then had to reneedle the
engine.This solved the problem.
I have had these pressure problems enough times, that I have made a pressure
tester.I used a hobby tire pump, a check valve (to keep the pressure from
leaking back through the pump) and a pressure gauge from automotive
supply.Plumb it with fuel tubing and you are in business. remove the fuel
supply tube from the engine and apply pressure here.This checks the whole
tank system,including the check valve. I usually pump to 10 psi since the YS
runs at 6-8 PSI. A tight system will hold pressure 'till next week.

Now all you-uns check my english too,'" etc.Not my best class in school
either.

Jim Ivey

Jim Ivey

jivey61 at msn.com